Adding eulogy quotes to your speech, is like seasoning your speech with spices, demonstrating colorful descriptions and thoughtful explanations. Trying to write an eulogy when you are staring at at blank piece of paper, is about as easy as pulling teeth from an alligator. By incorporating classic quotes into your script, it is like being handed a life raft. It provides you with a base to work from and is particularly invaluable in helping describe the deceased's character. Some of the eulogy quotes are entertaining, some are witty, some insightful in expressing your points of view.
Eulogy Quotes by Jim Rohn;
The following are quotes by Jim Rohn that I like to use in describing the character of the person.
- "The good life is not an amount; it's an attitude, an act, an idea, a discovery, a search."
This next quote works well as a metaphor to compare the deceased to a well-fashioned day;
- " A well-fashioned day - with a beginning and an end, a purpose and a content, a color and a character, a feel and a texture - takes it place among the many and becomes a valuable memory and treasure. At midnight the winged messengers come and gather up all these pieces and take them off to wherever the mosaic is kept. And surely, on occasion, one messenger says to another, 'Wait 'til you see this one.'"
- "Happiness is the art of learning how to get joy from your substance."
- "Happiness is not an accident. Nor is it something you wish for. Happiness is something you design."
- "Happiness is both the joy of discovery and the joy of knowing. It's the joy that comes to those who painstakingly design their lives and then live them with artistry. Happiness is both giving and receiving, reaping and bestowing. It comes to those who deliberately expand their horizons and experiences. It resides in the houses of those who have the ability to handles disappointment without losing their sense of well-being.It is activity with purpose. It's love in practice. It is both a grasp of the obvious and an awe of the mysterious."
- "If we are fortunate, we one day find that person who impacts our world in such a way that our life is never the same again. By chance, or by design, we met that someone who offers the support, encouragement, and inspiration to become more than we ever thought possible. For me that person was (name of the deceased)."
- "Man should be judged by the deeds done to help his fellow man." - Ted Turner
- "Life truly is a boomerang. What you give, you get." - Dale Carnegie
"When a man's life is over, it remains true that he was one sort of man and not another. A man who understands himself under the form of eternity knows the quality that eternally belongs to him, and knows that he cannot wholly die, even if he would, for when the movement of his life is over, the truth of his life remains."
philosopher, George Santayana
One life on this earth is all that we get, whether it is
enough or not enough, and the obvious conclusion would seem to be that at the
very least we are fools if we do not live it as fully and bravely and
beautifully as we can.
Eulogy Quotes about mistakes:
"The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything."- W.C. Magee
"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." - Elbert Hubbard
You can observe a lot just by watchin'. - Yogi Berra
A human life is sacred.
It is sacred in its being born.
It is sacred in its living.
And it is sacred in its dying.
Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul.
Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.
- Pamela Vaull Starr
Behind every successful man is a surprised mother-in-law.
Christopher Robin eulogy quotes are wonderful for incorporating grandchildren into the service. Here are two favorite ones for them to read aloud.
- "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." -Winnie the Pooh to Christopher Robin
- The following is what Christopher Robin said to Winnie The Pooh. I think if (name of the deceased) was here, he/she would say it to us too. "If ever there is a tomorrow when we 're not together, there is something you must remember. You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
But the most important thing is, even we are apart, I will always be with you." -Christopher Robin To Winnie The Pooh
Eulogy Quotes on Happiness:
- "He who enjoys doing and enjoys what he has done is happy."-J.W. von Goethe
- "There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. "- Logan Smith
- It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness." - Charles Spurgeon
- "The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet." - James Oppenheim
Our lives are songs; God write the words
And we set them to music at pleasure;
And the song grows glad, or sweet or sad,
As we choose to fashion the measure.
The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man (or woman) who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
- Mark Twain
If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
-H D Thoreau
The Golden Rule is that there are no golden rules.
- G B Shaw
Security is mostly a superstition. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.
The following is a great ending for an eulogy. Former Canadian Prime Minister used this line in ending his eulogy to President Ronald Reagan.
"Think where man's glory most begins and ends and say - my glory was that I had such friends."
More help with How To Write An Eulogy
Eulogy Example for a father.